viernes, 29 de junio de 2012

Micah Bournes - When America Dies

www.micahbournes.com A wise man once said to me "the more I study history the harder it is to be a patriot." America the beautiful, built on biblical principles, and the backs of slaves. Manifesting our destiny from New England to the California coast, desecrating most Native civilizations that got in our way. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no Afro-centric conspiracy theorist with a slavery chip on my back, in fact, I'm proud to be an American. I love running water and Mickey D's, religious freedom and democracy, but recently I've asked myself, "what does it mean to be free?" As citizens of the US, liberty is engrained in our constitution and DNA, but if your freedom is married to your American rights, will you still be free when America dies? And America will die. No, I'm no prophet predicting the future, I'm a historian observing the past. From Egypt to Babylon, the Greeks to the Romans, in their moment, they felt invincible, little did they know, their cities would burn, their temples would erode, and their coliseums would crumble with a roar as loud as that of the crowds which filled them before they fell to the ground. The globe continued to roll. A new empire rose, then fell, passing the torch to the next generation of fools convinced they would eternally rule. So what makes us think we're the exception? Now let me repeat my question. If your freedom is married to your American rights, will you still be free when America dies? What does it mean to be free? Bondage is a <b>...</b>
Views: 9
1 ratings
Time: 04:23 More in Entertainment

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario