domingo, 28 de octubre de 2012

Father of former SEAL killed in Libya wants the truth - Fox News

This transcript is automatically generated

With me now is Charles woods the father a former navy seal tie woods who was killed on the -- got the attack.

Ties siblings hope faith and Jeremiah and join us this evening.

First of all let me say on behalf of so many Americans you have our our condolences.

Our thoughts and prayers especially as the story unfolds.

Are with you and eight at Charles look let me start with you and me just tell us about --

Hi it was a remarkable young man he grew up to be -- navy seal.

He was raised.

Before kindergarten on the 9000 acre ranch in long -- Corrigan.

And he'd begun.

Most of the -- this 22.

That was what honed his skills as a marksman he'd go to the county fair in -- He was one of the best wrestlers in the state of Oregon.

And you call him the the alpha -- he was.

Wanted to achieve.

From an early age.

He knew that he could protect.

It's lesser people -- itself.

They ask you this Charles he wouldn't you first heard.

That -- had been killed and it was such a sad day when your son's body was brought back.

You spoke to the president yet and Hillary Clinton and the rest of them tell us what they told OK first of all.

To president.

Was gracious enough to come and speak with each one of the spam list.

At Andrews Air Force Base there was a large room and there were four pods couches and whatever.

For each of the four family groups to be yet.

Finally wolf first of all the vice president came in and mingled in the room they were there for over half hour.

And what -- they -- Well what in the presidency.

Okay put the president said to me he was the last one to come -- he came and -- he came up to me and in.

Not a very sincere voice.

Said I'm sorry.

Now.

And then -- shook hands gave him you know like that and then.

What I said to him was.

-- Mr.

President I appreciate your service.

And I said I -- peace.

And I could tell that he was not at peace.

And I said my heart Greece because of lost my son my emotions have gone up and they've gone down but.

The reason that I am at peace is because I know that god is in control of every situation.

That's why our family is handling this.

Much better than you would expect an end.

-- you spoke with I'm sorry Charles you spoke with Hillary Clinton -- she came up to us.

And shook hands with her I think she just wanted to shake hands I kind of gave her a little bit of -- will -- And she said.

We are going to arrest the person that made that film and we're gonna -- prosecuted and what were your thoughts when she sent them.

Well I didn't think it was any big deal because I just thought this is the way politicians.

Talk I mean I knew that she was line.

And she's smarter than I am but -- she would had to know that she wasn't telling the truth if there -- put stuff.

You say the president was insincere and she was lying but you why now why are you coming out now to talk about it's okay.

Our decision our family -- made the decision not to make public statements.

This last week after a drop my daughter's off at high school when Kona I just at random happen to be listening to in his station.

And Dave.

Mentioned.

That the president had -- live feed that he watched my son.

Being killed.

That he watched this whole babble but lasted seven hours and he chose to do nothing.

Now when I went back there to Washington DC I knew that something was fishy it just didn't make sense that -- have a long drawn out battle.

And that no help.

Would have been sent.

Why do you think -- helpless and you know that your son.

-- was on the ground asking for back up pleading for an AC 130 and how does that make you feel.

Well I can say with their motivations are and I'm not going to speculate on that.

But I do know that the Navy SEALs are extremely honorable.

And they have a code of ethics of code of honor and part of that code of honor.

Is they will never leave any one behind OK this is white -- went in initially.

As a medic he spent two years -- ambulance service in San Diego.

Not even dressed as a navy seal so that he could acquire the skills of an emergency room doctor.

So that they would never leave anyone behind.

I couldn't understand why did day who allowed them to die why didn't they send help I don't know anything about.

Good tactical weapons or anything like that but I do know that they couldn't fit something than I've been told it would have been a C 130.

That within 45 minutes.

Could have secured from Genoa Italy -- right across met -- wherever than an hour wherever insecure at the perimeters.

And not only protected the lives of those thirty people.

But also the lives.

-- the individuals.

Who were also heroes besides my son.

Who sacrificed their lives this was not necessary I knew this could have happened and my question.

In Washington DC was why didn't this happen.

When it came out this last week that.

The whoever it was I'm not gonna say who was with whoever it was in the White House.

Was watching this live -- of my -- he murdered then I decided.

It's time.

To do two things one is this is not political okay if this becomes political that's.

That would just honor of my son's.

Life and his death but.

What we want to do is we want to honor my son.

And we also want there to be truth and justice.

As well as forgiveness.

You feel that your son chris' life.

And that your son was murdered you've made some strong state it's OK you're on there could --

Go ahead you are former Iran are also well not not really an honor and administrative budget that's a much lower level -- how you served.

How ever.

As an attorney.

Their legal definition of murder.

Would not fit into this given -- par -- seasons well mentioned let's put it this way my feeling is that it fact was there.

And if you could say something to the president what would you say I would say if what was you your honor I totally forgive you.

But I -- for your benefit I would want you to turn your life around and -- the other direction.

So the -- can continue to flow into your life I want the best for you and that means you need to stand up.

-- your fault and then change the direction of your life I love this country of --

All right Jeremiah very quickly gonna follow in your father's footsteps.

Com this off her on getting -- without.

All I really -- made son you know decisions that it's seeing what he didn't how.

Honoring it was -- country how -- the sacrifice was.

I made.

Some -- with my family about you know potentially doing some military stuff and actually later on -- day after telling.

-- that I got an email from a school talking about potentially doing some medical stuff to the -- so it's definitely it's -- that I.

Want to show your brother would be proud for thank -- it's.

And the famine siblings thank you so much for being with us this evening thank you for quite a very kind of -- I'm so sorry.

And at the end of the show -- have a tribute to your song thank you and your program.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario