miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2012

Office Tower Dies

This is the old S&H Green Stamps office tower in Hillside Illinois. This tower was located along side the Tri-State Tollway (294) and the land parcel is surrounded by the tollway, I-290, and the East-West Tollway. The video has three segments; the view from the roof, a look at the office areas during the final days, and the actual demolition. The demo is the bulk of this video.... Production Note: This is ALL old VHS archive footage. I shot it more for myself than to turn it into a "pro" video. The control track on the old tape caused some frame flicker but is mostly viewable. You'll notice the flicker seems to occur mostly while I was walking around. I knew a bunch of folks who worked over there and they allowed me access to film. The rooftop and the "tour' segments were created about October 1998. S&H shut its doors, in Hillside, on October 31, 1998. The tower sat empty until the demolition in June/July 1999. So, why was it torn down? Part of that had to do with the nasty leaks throughout the tower. You'll hear my feet squishing around in quite a few places on the tape and that's because I was continuously walking through puddles. This building also, had not been very well thought out in regard to the floor plan. Originally, all offices would have been on the interior with the access halls circling them, along the windows. That was changed at the beginning as the VIP's demanded offices "with a view." Some of the office areas remain. After the walk through the tunnel, I <b>...</b>
Views: 6
1 ratings
Time: 01:31:13 More in Education

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario