sábado, 27 de abril de 2013

Man who almost KILLED by metal bristle from a BBQ brush

One Washington man will be barbequing extra carefully from now on. Adam Wojtanowicz needed emergency surgery after accidentally eating a steel bristle from a grill brush he used during a BBQ. The 31-year-old went to the hospital on Sunday complaining of excruciating abdominal pain that wouldn't go away despite taking medication. A CAT scan showed a metal bristle stuck in Wojtanowicz's intestinal tract. Doctors then performed emergency surgery to remove the thin bristle. 'I would say it was more like being stabbed in the gut,' Wojtanowicz told The Tacoma resident recently hosted a cookout, and thinks a steel bristle from his grill brush fell onto his steak. He says he apparently swallowed the metal without realizing it. The Centers for Disease Control says it knows of at least six people who have recently suffered similar, potentially fatal, injuries from brush bristles. It doesn't blame a particular brand or type of brush. If left untreated the bristle could cause internal intestinal leakage resulting in death, Dr Steve Norton, who performed the surgery, told King5. Wojtanowicz is expected to make a full recovery. He joked that it was the most expensive steak he'd ever brought
Views: 0
0 ratings
Time: 01:40 More in News & Politics

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada