domingo, 7 de abril de 2013

Sept 26, 2012 - EVCCON Day 1 - Killed WarP 9 Motor

On the first official day of 2nd Annual Electric Vehicle Converters Convention held in Cape Girardeau, Missouri my Dodge Daytona EV arrives in shame at the business end of a tow truck. The entire experience was very reminiscent of last year with various helpful folks kindly volunteering to push my car into the shop and up onto the EVTV lift. Many people were eager to lend a hand and help get the motor pulled out of the car, dismantle the motor, and to take a look inside in an effort to figure out what happened. At various points during the process I attempted to capture the moment as best I could with my camera, so here is the compilation of everything I managed to snag during this busy time. I am sure other folks at the show got better video, perhaps with the motor grinding, and folks pushing my car up onto the lift. Good times! When the dust settled, it ended up that the old motor was completely shot. The rotor had a chunk missing from it (on the opposite end from the commutator) and the lamination on the case windings most likely were also damaged by flying debris. The relatively new Helwig Split-Top H60 brushes were chewed up a fair amount as well, although they would probably still be serviceable (perhaps for some lower powered application).
From: DaytonaEV
Views: 1
0 ratings
Time: 03:16 More in Autos & Vehicles

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario