martes, 28 de mayo de 2013

Sahara Davenport, 27, died of heart failure, family says - Los Angeles Times

Antoine Ashley, a.k.a. Sahara Davenport, died Monday of heart failure, a rep said in a statement issued Wednesday.

Ashley, a 27-year-old drag performer, competed as Davenport on the second season of "RuPaul's Drag Race" and was the six-year boyfriend of Season 3 performer Manila Luzon, a.k.a. Karl Westerberg, who'll appear in the upcoming "RuPaul's Drag Race: All-Stars" starting later this month.

"Antoine passed away due to heart failure on October 1, 2012, at John Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland," the rep said via NewNowNext.com, the Logo network's online presence. 

"I thank God for giving me an Angel Antoine Ashley to share with the rest of the world," his mother said in the statement. "My family and I would like to thank everyone for their condolences and support. We know that our Angel is now dancing in heaven. May God bless each and everyone."

Said Westerberg: "To me he will always be my best friend, my hero, my Diva, and I have always considered myself more than lucky to have him be forever a part of my life. Thank you, hon, for bringing so much beauty to all of us."

The death had been confirmed Tuesday, with no details provided at that time.

ALSO:

Joey Kovar of "Real World," "Celebrity Rehab" found dead at 29

Lady Gaga's Vogue cover channels RuPaul (and sex on the beach)

"Real Housewives" husband Russell Armstrong dead in apparent suicide

Follow Christie D'Zurilla on Twitter and Google+. Follow the Ministry of Gossip on Twitter @LATcelebs and on Facebook facebook.com/ministryofgossip.

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario